Quiz – Choose the correct answer
( All the answers )
a- the name of a town in North Wales
b- an imaginary name from Alice in Wonderland
c- the password to enter Buckingham Palace
The English alphabet is composed of
a- 26 letters
b- 28 letters
c- 31 letters
a- the longest nonsense word used by Mary Poppins
b- a famous tongue twister used by teachers
c- a portmanteau word used to describe something tasty
In the English alphabet, there are
a- 4 vowels
b- 5 vowels
c- 6 vowels
' OUGH' can be pronounced in many different ways. How many?
a- 3 ways
b- 7 ways
c- 12 ways
The sign XXXX
a- is often found at the end of a letter or card
b- means the author is not known
c- indicates this product is dangerous
When people take a photo in Britain, they say
a- cheese !
b- please !
c– freeze !
The Cockneys in London say 'apples and pears' for
In the official Scrabble dictionary, there are
a- 106 two-letter words
b- many four-letter words
c- billions of words
- Which is the correct spelling of this American state from the South-East?
The acronym ' B & B' means
a- bad breath
b- bed and breakfast
c– beautiful and British
Upper-class people (also known as U-people) never say 'mirror' like non -U
people do, they say
a- a window
b- a reflection
c- a looking-glass
It's politically correct to say 'optically -challenged' instead of
When an Englishman hurts himself, he shouts
a- Atishoo !
b- Bow Wow !
c- Ouch !
On the American banner, called the 'Stars and Stripes', there are
a- 49 stars
b- 50 stars
c- 51 stars
In England, the average Englishman buys 5 kilos of tea
a- every week
b- every month
c- every year
'The Sun' is a British popular paper, it sells about
a- 400,000 copies a day
b- 4 million copies a day
c- 4 million copies a week
The Wall Street crash of 1929 is known as
a- Bloody Sunday
b- Black Thursday
c- Merry Christmas
'In God We Trust', this motto con be read
a- on entering a church
b- on any dollar bill
c- on the Union Jack
In England beer is drunk by the pint. One pint is about
a- 25 cl
b- 33 cl
c- 58 cl
'Brunch' is the name given to
a- a hamburger
b- a small tree
c- a meal
The Tube is the other name given to
a- London's underground
b- The Channel Tunnel
c- Big Ben
a- a famous American anthem
b- a popular dance
c- a hostel for men only
réalisée par Yvan BAPTISTE, Lycée Jean Lurçat, Perpignan)
to the quiz
- Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch is the name of a
town in North Wales.
-English is officially recognised in 45 countries.
The English alphabet is composed of 26 letters.
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is the longest nonsense word used by Mary
-In the English alphabet, there are 5 vowels.
-' OUGH' con be pronounced in 12 different ways.
- The sign XXXX is of ten found et the end of a letter or card.
- When people take a photo in Britain, they say 'cheese !'
- The Cockneys in London say 'apples and pears' for 'stairs'
- In the official Scrabble dictionary, there are 106 two-letter words.
- The correct spelling of this American state from the South-East is
- The acronym 'B & B' means 'bed and breakfast'
- Upper -class people never say
'mirror', they say 'a looking glass' .
- It's politically correct to say 'optically-challenged' instead of 'blind'.
-When an Englishman hurts himself, he shouts 'Ouch !'
- On the American banner, called the 'Stars and Stripes', there are 50 stars.
-In England, the average Englishman buys 5 kilos of tea every year.
- 'The Sun' is a British popular paper, it sells about 4 million copies a day.
-The Wall Street crash of 1929 is known as 'Black Thursday'.
- 'In God We Trust', this motto con be read on any dollar bill. The others pay
- In England beer is drunk by the pint. One pint is about 58 cl.
- ' Brunch' is the name given to a meal.
- The Tube is the other name given to London's underground.
- YMCA is a hostel for men only.